|METHI Seeds and Leaves- Bitter in taste but better for health|
Isn't it true that we often neglect Fenugreek for its bitter taste? True, but note that this wonderful Methi provides immense health benefits.
It is indeed true that an Indian kitchen can never be complete if there is no Methi seeds stacked in. our dadhi's knew the wide benefits that Methi is offering, hence they included these Methi seeds and leaves in almost all the recipes which are then passed on to generations so that we don't miss marvellous benefits of these flavourful seeds and leaves.
True, our ancestors knew how to include Methi in our diet by inculcating an habit of using these medicinal foods as part of our diet. Since, we would have neglected the Methi for its dominating bitter taste.
Let us now dive into Top 3 health benefits of Fenugreek Seeds and Leaves.
- Diabetic Friendly: Can you spot any one person who is above the age of 40 without Diabetes? You can hardly pick one or two. The Sad truth is, even kids are getting affected with diabetes nowadays. Including Methi in your diet is fantastic option to have a check on your Sugar levels. Methi seeds and Leaves have a natural soluble fibre galactomannan that slows down the blood sugar absorption. Another important substance namely, amino acid that induce the production of insulin is present in Methi. Ever loving Methi paratha is a combination of methi leaves and wheat, both are good for Diabetes.
- Lowers Blood cholesterol: The rich source of steroidal saponin that is present in Fenugreek prevents the absorption of cholesterol and triglycerides, hence aids in reducing the Cholesterol levels especially LDL. Here is the recipe of Methi Dal fry, which is so tasty and healthy.
- Prevents Heart Disease: Better heart health can be achieved when you include Methi seeds and Leaves in your food.Presence of galactomannan and potassium, helps to maintain heart rate and blood pressure. A traditional south Indian recipe got a twist by indluding this Methi, wanna try once it is nothing but Methi paruppu usili
The other health benefits of Fenugreek Seeds and Leaves are
- Aids in digestion
- Helps in weight loss
- Increases breast milk for lactating mothers
- Helps to reduce menstrual discomfort
- Induces and eases child birth
- Remedy for fever and sore throat
- Good for skin and hair
- Prevents Colon cancer
- Helps to increase breast size
- Helps to counter acid reflex and heartburn
Post a Comment